Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Not about puppies, or kittens.

Not about puppies, or kittens.

The band
is going well, we've got a bunch of songs down vibe-wise and are now head-down shoulders-forward working on hammering out the arrangements. We should be ready soon -- though not soon enough to sneak on my Hideout bill at the end of the month, a thought I briefly toyed with when the third band I had planned on having play had to back out due to a world-travellin' detour -- but I think our first couple of shows will be "secret" so we can get our feet wet in front of a crowd. Maybe a few out-of-town?

Anyone who has seen the band knows what we're like, and that Keep writes fabulous rock songs with a wicked and sometimes twisted pop edge. The only difference now is that the tunes are a tad more aggressive and I think that has a bit to do with my drumming style, which is less "masterful" and more "instinctive." I know I'm doing things right when 'Balls is smiling and PP is machine-gun-shooting his bass all across the practice space.

I tried putting together my old set in my basement the other day, and while the basic kit is all there, I realized that my old practice space mates from a few years ago made off with more than just my cowbell. Two of the bands moved out West, though, so I think there's little chance of getting those cymbals or hardware back. Thanks goodness for PP's extra kit or I'd be playing the bottoms of paint cans.

This is going to be good, just you wait.

No comments: