Monday, June 09, 2008

FAIL!

FAIL!

So I was headed to Photogal's to do laundry tonigh. She asked if I would pick her up at the L on the way since she takes the train home every day now. I said sure, did so, and on the way to her place she said she had a craving for McDonald's. I tend to do a pretty good job avoiding the place, but I do love their fries, so I again said sure.

We get there, placed her order, and I ordered a plain hamburger in the drive-thru lane. Upon driving away I realized I had been given a double cheeseburger with everything on it. And as if that wasn't bad enough, the cheeseburger I was cold to the touch, so even if it was meant for another customer it was in unacceptable condition.

So I turned the car around and carried the faulty order into the restaurant and asked for the manager. A woman approached me identifying herself as such, heard my complaint and said, "So you want a plain hamburger, right?" I answered yes. She came back with another order, bagged it, and handed it to me. I went to my car, pulled away, and as I unwrapped the order realized she gave me a hamburger with everything on it. By this point I was so upset there was no way I was going to turn my car around AGAIN and bring the order back to be corrected. Photogal talked me down and offered ed to make me some pasta or something. I figured that'd be O.K., and reckoned I'd at least get my laundry done.

Only once we got to Photogal's we discover that her neighbor that never does his laundry in the building has decided to just start the first of at least two loads of laundry, so I didn't even get that accomplished! At this point I decided that I just wanted to head home and nurse my indignities with some cheesy television and a cold pork chop. So here I am.

No comments: