Friday, June 13, 2008

Totally out of character.

Totally out of character.

O.K., listen closely, because you are not going to believe what I am about to say.

Go to Cobra Lounge tonight.

Yes, my disdain for that particular bar is wide and well known. But tonight they managed to book a bill that is drawing even my reluctant ass through its doors. The last time The Assembly, The Midnight Shows, and The Assembly all played on the same bill the evening ended up in a drunken Woolworthy reunion. I don't expect that to happen this time, but the fact that all three bands have, at their core, members of one of my all-time favorite local groups ever means this is a show not to be missed. Plus I think the show is supposed to be in celebration of SuperJen's birthday or something, so maybe we'll get topless girls and besotted intersex make-out sessions. Maybe.


Also, tomorrow, Iron Man is a Five Buck Club movie so I plan on FINALLY seeing that! I know, you really wanted to know that tidbit. Hrm, must recover cool factor ... oh yeah! Go to The Burlington tomorrow for the UR Chicago June issue release party! I have a Supergrass review in there, so I'll be in attendance autographing copies. I also hear it's the Marsden twins' birthday too, so I bethca things will get pleasantly weird.

No comments: