Tuesday, June 24, 2008

They actually made me go to Rehab...

They actually made me go to Rehab...


I'm still sifting through the ons of photos I got of Sloan last night so I can put them up on Chicagoist in the next day or so. If you missed the show, you missed out. Afterward I went to Rehab at evilOlive for the first time and actually had a lot of fun! The DJs play the same stuff I was playing ten years ago, so I guess you could say it's sort of a dance rock retro type of affair with a younger crowd. maybe I should try and snag a guest spot? Looks like it could be fun.

I also learned that showing up at a dance party with a camera makes you everyone's best friend. Although there's some sort of photographer/promoter protocol I didn't know about. When I was shooting the DJs I was asked who I was shooting for because I guess some photogs will snap shots and claim them as being from some other party or sell them or something. Weird. Makes me glad I only do this as a hobby and a means of promoting cool events through here or Chicagoist. Also, through the influence of folks like Clayton / Cobrasnake / Last Night's Party, everyone has poses they strike whenever they see a flash approaching. It's actually a little weird.

I did get a few good shots, but they were all attained by hiding the camera until the second before I released the shutter. And people kept asking for my card.* Oh! And near the end of the night I ran into another photog who messed with the settings of my camera so I could shoot in the dark better. Now I just have to figure out how to set them back.

Anyway, here's a few shots. They're all un-retouched, by the way.

Oh my gawd this is SO much fun. (It was, actually.)

Stop!

Shots?

Off guard!

See? Different color settings!

More bashful!

Haughty!

Finally, Lady Friend said:
Dude, we have to go.
And stop looking at me like that.
Weirdo.

*I don't have a card.

No comments: