Saturday, June 21, 2008

Wicker Douche.

Wicker Douche.

This is an excellent example of the kind of crowd at the Crystal Castles show Wednesday. Since craigslist deletes stuff after a few days, I'll quote it for posterity:
We waited in line for over two hours in the alley under the Blue Line. We were obviously so cool to know what was going on there Wednesday night.
Once we got inside, I bought you a Busch. Then I proceeded to slam it out of your hand. After the show you helped me not to look like an idiot while riding a too tall fixed gear. Contact me sometime - maybe we can go to Debonair instead. Or Chaise Lounge?
Ah yes, you were so cool you actually had to wait in line for two hours, which would never happen at Debonair/Chaise Lounge because a) they already know you b) your clothes would mark you as immediately ready for entry or c) there's never anything going on at those two places* to warrant a 2-hour wait in line?

Also, if you really love Crystal Castles that much, why didn't you just skip Double Door altogether and hit that late-night oft party instead?

*O.K., O.K., I actually don't mind Debonair, but I would never pick it over Double Door.

No comments: