Monday, January 30, 2006

Quicker than Speedy Gonzalez.

Let’s see...Friday I was kind of evil.¹ Saturday I was kind of good.² And Sunday I was just right out domestic. Yup, that pretty much wraps up my weekend. Tune in tomorrow for something that isn’t so vague and lame!

P.S. When one decides to tackle 52 Books In 52 Weeks one probably shouldn’t pick the only writer that one actually reads at the same speed as an average citizen³ otherwise one will find that in the month of February one will have to double up on one’s intake of non-self-written material.

¹Certain people should just not be allowed to bartend since they are a serious threat to anyone’s (read: my) sobriety. Not that that’s any sort of excuse but at least it lends a touch of context.Oh, who am I kidding?
²My friends needn’t have worried, since even I know how to behave of a “sports bar” far outside my usual stomping grounds. Also, I would never misbehave during a friend’s birthday party. Apparently some folks were worried anyway. By the way, Kelly, I had a lovely time and thanks for inviting me.
³D.F.W.’s Consider The Lobster, for those of you keeping track at home. Even though I’ve read it before, for some reason the essay about “Authority And American Usage” took me forever to get through this time.

No comments: