Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Are you ready to rock with ROOKIE?! Well, hold on tight!

Photo by Alec Basse
I'll be doing a proper review about ROOKIE's self-titled debut album for Third Coast Review later this week, but that shouldn't stop you from listening to ALL OF THE MUSIC of theirs that's currently publicly available, including and especially the lead off track from that new LP out on Friday, "Hold On Tight."

I'll keep focused on this tune and not ROOKIE in general, O.K.?

The first time I heard "Hold On Tight" I immediately thought of Sloan's "Money City Maniacs" since ROOKIE utilizes a very similar clear out the stadium a massive party is a-comin' mega-riff on "Hold On Tight." The band is on Bloodshot Records, a label with a history of identifying promising young talent, and in this case I think the label struck massive gold by getting these cats onto the roster.

So, hold on tight and get ready to rock and/or roll with wild abandon!

No comments: