Friday, March 13, 2020

Bits and pieces on a quiet Friday.

Huh, well, that was quite a week, huh? Plenty of other people are freaking out / trying to reassure through a kajillion think pieces about everything going on right now, and it's a lot, and I don't think anyone needs me adding to that mix, at least not today.

So instead, go read my review of ROOKIE's most excellent new album. Seriously, this LP is pure fire. I would say it slaps but don't want to tether current slang to a timeless piece of art. Or something like that.

In other news, last night I saw of Montreal and it was also a LOT.


K went with me and I could tell she was getting a little agitated (justifiably so)  as the venue grew more and more crowded. And at the end of the main set, the band threaded a chain of balloons through the audience, ensuring every participant had the chance to manhandle a strip of rubber dozens then hundreds of hands had already touched. I found it amusing (and kept my distance from the GermBalloon™) however K stared at the whole exchange in horror. We both survived. We'll know in 14 days if we survived without getting eventually sick.

Speaing of surviving, are we?


Good luck out there y'all, and stay safe!

No comments: