Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Like sand in an hourglass with no borders; the shifting perceptions of time.

My coworker (and neighbor from across the street shared the below with me and it is 99% accurate.*


I also just noticed I've slipped on my "posting every weekday" initiative, but between the rapidly disappearing distinction between the week and the weekend and time in general I'm not feeling too badly about that.

I initially thought I'd have much more brain time to write, but the truth is my workday has slowly lengthened, as I'm sure it has for everyone lucky enough to still be employed and working from home right now, and most of my time not working is spent sleeping. Lame! I know. I do find it a little amusing that as everyone else is catching up on their movie and TV viewing right now, I'm falling behind on even my favorite TV shows, much less watching movies long on my to-do list. But this is the new normal, for at least another month and probably longer—so I'm at peace with that.

That said, when I do have free time, what am I missing that I should catch up on? Don't say Tiger King. That, I made time for over the weekend. Priorities!


*I may be in dire need of a shave and a haircut, but I do still get dressed as if I'm going into the office every day,

No comments: