Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Compelling headline goes here! Wait, this IS the headline?

I had planned a series of pieces on musician / band box sets and career retrospectives this week, in order to give people things to listen to (or not) while everyone is mostly stuck at home.

However I've been mentally strung thin this week—I am exhausted after each day of work, but I am not complaining since I consider myself incredibly lucky to be able to work remotely while so many of my friends are out of work right now.* And when you're that tired, you end up sleeping a lot, so at least I'm incredibly well rested!

But the point I'm trying to make is my brain has been occupied and kept busy and that is excellent for everyone involved, except for you dear reader, who may be looking for distracting content or fun jams (or warnings of bad jams), since those topics have fallen down the list of priorities.

But humans are incredibly adaptable and I am no different. So, look for those longer pieces in the next couple of days as my mental shelf space allows for extracurricular writing.**


*If you have the means to donate to any of the numerous GoFundMe campaigns put together by your favorite venues / bars / restaurants for their employees, or can buy merchandise from touring musicians stuck at home, please do! I have and will continue to do so as much as I can.

**An odd phrase fro write coming from someone who once said during a discussion while on a panel of music critics that like a cockroach, I would feel compelled to write about and share music even during the apocalypse.

No comments: