Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Advance warning…

I totally forgot to mention I have a show I put together coming up at Double Door next week on Thursday May 20! The date sort of fell in my lap a few weeks ago and I’m really pleased with the bill I pulled together to fill it. I’ve never worked with Thunderwing before so that’s exciting, of course you already are aware how much I know and love Woolworthy, Cordy is a wicked-cool slab of shoegazer rock and the Paper Bullets are another trio that ends up on a number of my bills due to how much I dig their groove.

Yours truly will be spinning before, in-between and after the bands in the guise of DJ Tankboy Vs. tankPOD. Basically it’ll be a battle between man and machine as I set my iPod to shuffle and try to keep a connecting thread of musical selections built out of the alternating randomly selected songs. I’m not too worried of picking out a follow-up to each of tankPOD’s selections since I know for a fact that iPod has pretty durn good taste in music…

No comments: