Wednesday, May 19, 2004

I wore my hair like a rooster for Morrissey.

It’s true. I totally did that pomade thingie where all the hair in front angles up. It ended up looking more like a fauxhawk than Morrissey’s dapper do’ but the intent was there. Unfortunately nobody got the joke last night. Losers.

Also I made my first DJ faux pas of the year. No matter what you personally think of the tunes that Four Non-Blondes track, written by the lady who gave grit to both Xtina and Pink, it is not cool. Not a good response. Thank god Jeff Buckley came to the rescue.

Also it was my friend Mark’s 30th birthday which gave me an excuse to drink a little Maker’s mark. Not too much though! Photogal was especially impressed by how not drunk I got last night. Moderation, and a new trainee bartender who pours proper drinks instead of the pint glasses of vodka I’m usually allowed, certainly paid off. Maybe I can work that good behavior into a little congratulatory nookie. Positive reinforcement!

I am an idiot. I just realized my friend got her Daisy Glaze moniker from a Big Star song. I knew her cat Chilton was named after Mr. Alex but the Daisy Glaze thing totally flew over my head. And I call myself a music snob? Three spanks on the bottom for me!

Enough blathering. Must reserve energy for the Double Door gig tomorrah!

No comments: