Friday, May 07, 2004

Of course I'm hungry now!

I'm not at work today since I have to go in for my endoscopy today. Now, before this procedure you're not supposed to eat anything for around six hours and you can't drink anything for four hours. So I planned to eat a tidy little breakfast this morning and then run to the gym so I could get a workout in and consume enough agua to keep my hydrated. All plans were completed to great success. The rest of the time leading up to the procedure should've been a piece of cake since I don't usually eat anything until around 3pm or so anyway.

But, of course, now that I can't eat I am hungry. Figures.

Last night was interesting. Photogal and I met up with some of her co-workers at the Stray Show, which is basically an underground/emerging artist response the much more mainstream and boring Art Chicago event going on this weekend, and toured the vast warehouse space checking out stuff from all over the country. Im must admit to being largely underwhelmed. Some stuff was cool, like a barrel that kept rolling this way and that while spitting out beams of light that was a definite attention-grabber, but most of it just looked like college art-student class projects. I should know, I started out as an art major in college and was guilty of perpetrating some very similar class projects in the name of "art." No matter, the vibe was loose, the pretention level was pretty low all things considered and I generally had a nice time.

Afterwards we hit a sushi place in Wicker Park named Blue Fin I had never been to -- which is odd since I once managed a sushi restaurant -- and we grabbed a few appetizers, pieces and (get this) half-priced drinks! Apparently Thursday is half-price booze night so I grabbed a few small sakes and small Kirins and had a really good time. The sushi itself was remarkably affordable and the pieces were great. Highly recommended and I guarantee I'll be back there.

All in all it was a very pleasant evening with Photogal and her co-workers. I really should hang out with those folks more often. Now I'm going to go chase Betty around the house and take more photos of her with my new little camera-phone. Bwa-ha-ha-ha-haaaa...

No comments: