Monday, May 10, 2004

A superhero, an abusive computer named Gary and go-go dancers.

Analog Saves the Planet is comprised of just exactly what the header above describes and they put on a hell of a show. I originally came across ‘em as the side-project of The Amazing Killowatts leader Tyson but it’s been years since I booked ‘em. What was I waiting for?!

The crowd at The Pontiac was wildly receptive and I am definitely getting back in the groove – and enjoying – booking the shows there each week. Sunday was spent on the down-low until Photogal and I decided to take Betty for a walk. Along the walk we came across a stray dog.

Two hours later, and after many frustrating calls to various Chicago authorities to get someone out to pick up the pooch, we fashioned a make-shift leash and walked the dog back to our place, made a few calls ourselves and then delivered her – sex discovered amidst a grassy pit-stop – to the Anticruelty Society. They’ll hold on to her for a few days for medical evaluation and in the hopes her owner will call looking for her. If not she goes up for adoption and she’s so little and sweet I can’t see anyone passing up this little doggie in the window. If things do look dire though, we have her tracking number and can always swoop in for a last minute rescue ourselves...

Oh yeah, before I forget, DO NOT PAY ANY FUCKING MONEY TO SEE VAN HELSING. It sucks. It is awful. I wish I had seen Mean Girls or Supersize Me instead. Oh well, live and learn.

Lastly, the endoscopy went off without a hitch though I am a bit freaked by the knowledge that while I was awake during the procedure I don’t remember it at all. They took a few biopsies of my esophageal wall but think that as long as I keep on the medication I’ve been taking my stomach’s torturous pains will be a thing of the past. Yippee!

No comments: