Friday, July 08, 2005

Clap Your Hands Say No!

Everyone loves these guys and I just don't get it. I mean, even folks whose musical opinions I value are flipping head over heels for 'em. To me they just sound like tired retreads of The Talking Heads. That's why I find this site so goldanged amusing. I truly believe that everyone's personal tastes are valid, so you won't catch me arguing too strenuously with anyone over this group, especially since I'm sure they're destined to flame out just as quickly as they've ascended the critical peaks they're currently perched upon. However anytime their hype starts to get to me, now I have someplace safe to retreat to.
__________

Slooooaaaaan.

They killed. Period.

Oh yeah, and they're all a lot shorter than I remember them being, but man oh man can they put on a rock and/or roll show!

I had a blast DJing during the show and managed to stay sober (and smoke-free) and I still had a great time. Photogal even got me to do a little shimmy-shimmy shake with her. It was just so much fun seeing one of my favorite bands in such a small room.

No comments: